Financial Aid

Request Information

Military Financial Aid and Other Resources
Bryan University is honored to partner with U.S. Military active-duty personnel, veterans, and family members pursuing a higher education to achieve their career goals. All Bryan University programs are approved for active duty and veteran military personnel who qualify for G.I. Bill benefits. These benefits are awarded in addition to state and/or federal financial assistance for which you may qualify.

Grant Eligibility
The university has created the Military Service Appreciation Grant exclusively to make educational opportunities affordable for those who have served our country, and for family members who have supported those efforts.

To qualify for the Military Service Appreciation Grant, you must be a new or existing full-time student who enrolled at Bryan University on or after Jan. 1, 2011; be a veteran (or family member of a veteran) who has served in the U.S. Military, Reserves or National Guard (including Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard); and have received one of the following:

  • DD Form 214: Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty 1
  • NGB Form 22: National Guard Report of Separation or Record of Service 1

Grant Amount and Continued Eligibility
If you meet the requirements above, you are eligible to receive a $500 tuition grant per academic year. Bryan University also waives registration fees for eligible active-duty personnel, veterans, and family members. The grant is provided in addition to any other aid you are qualified to receive (see Other Military Benefits, below)  through state and federal financial aid, and is offered to all eligible active-duty personnel, veterans, spouses and dependent children.

To continue receiving the tuition grant each academic year, you must maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average or higher, and retain full-time enrollment status throughout the program of study.2

Other Military Benefits
Once you begin the admissions process, Bryan University will assign you a Financial Aid Officer to assist in designing a financial plan that fits your needs as well as determining your eligibility for a wide range of benefits:

Post-9/11 GI Bill
The Post-9/11 GI Bill is available for individuals who served on active duty for at least 90 aggregate days on or after September 11, 2001 and are still serving or were honorably discharged from active duty, released from active duty and placed on the retired or temporary disability retired list, released from active duty and transferred to the Fleet Reserve/Fleet Marine Corps Reserve or released for further service in a reserve component of the Armed Forces. You may receive up to 36 months of assistance covering up to 100% paid tuition. The amount received is based upon the length of the service given. In addition, you are entitled to a monthly housing allowance and a yearly stipend for books and supplies.  To find out more about the Post-9/11 GI Bill and your qualifying amount, visit the United States Department of Veteran Affairs.

This benefit may also transfer unused Post 9/11 GI Bill (TEB) benefits to your spouse or children generally after 10 years of military service or 6 years of completed service and a commitment for an additional 4 years. Get more information about TEB benefits.

Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty (MGIB-AD)
The Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty is available to those who entered active duty after June 30, 1985, have been honorably discharged, have a high school diploma or GED, and had military pay reduced for this specific benefit. Up to 36 months of assistance is available and is valid for 10 years after active military service. Find out more about the Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty.

Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
The Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve is available to those who are a member of the Selected Reserve, which includes: Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve, Coast Guard Reserve, and the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard. Eligibility for this program requires a six-term commitment signed after June 30, 1985, completion of your initial active duty for training (IADT), receipt of a high school diploma or equivalent before completing IADT and remaining in good standing while serving in the Selected Reserve. Up to 36 months of assistance is available and eligibility usually ends the day you leave the Selected Reserve. Get additional information on the Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve.

Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
The Reserve Education Assistance Program is available to certain reservists who were called or ordered to active military service in response to a national emergency or war after September 11, 2001. Eligibility for this program requires a minimum of 90 consecutive days of service unless injured or became ill while in the line of duty. Up to 36 months of assistance is available with an award amount between 40% and 80% of the Montgomery GI Bill-Active Duty rate. Get additional information on REAP.

Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
The Veterans Educational Assistance Program is available to those who entered the military after January 1, 1977, did not enter into a contract with the Armed Forces under a delayed entry program and elected to contribute to this benefit program. Contributions to the benefit will be matched by the Government on a 2:1 basis. Up to 36 months of benefits are available depending on the number of monthly contributions to the program. This benefit must be used within 10 years from the date of release of active duty or the contribution amount will be automatically refunded. Get additional information on VEAP.

Survivors and Dependents Assistance (DEA)
The Survivors and Dependents Assistance program is available to dependents of qualified veterans. To qualify, you must be a son, daughter or spouse of a veteran who died or was disabled while on active duty or if the veteran is considered Missing in Action (MIA) or captured while in active service. If you are a son or daughter of the veteran, this benefit must be used between the ages of 18 and 26. If you are the spouse of this veteran, eligibility will last up to 10 or 20 years following your eligibility date. View details on Survivors and Dependents Assistance.

Veteran/Military Transfer Credit
Transfer credits from regionally or nationally accredited post-secondary institutions, as recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), may be accepted as courses for transfer into undergraduate, graduate degree, and certification programs. The approval of transfer credits is at the sole discretion of Bryan University.

Official transcripts must be submitted for evaluation as part of the enrollment process. For Bryan University’s 100 percent online programs, active-duty service members may be required to complete up to 30 percent of the program online to satisfy academic residency requirements (up to 25 percent requirement for residential programs). In addition, Bryan transfer credits may be approved for completion of formal military courses as recommended through official transcripts (Army/ACE Registry Transcript System, Community College of Air Force, Sailor/Marine/ACE Registry Transcript, Registry of Credit Recommendations, or National Registry for Training Programs). Credits will be applied as approved by the Office of the Registrar. Credit may also be given for completion of approved examinations, including CLEP, DSST, and ECE as outlined in the ACE guide to Educational Credit by Examination.

Tuition and Fees
The Veterans Administration will pay for a portion of tuition and fees, based on a number of items, including your state of residence and years of service, among other factors. Please visit the VA website for a current schedule of tuition and fees.

How to Apply for G.I. Bill Benefits
The process to apply for military education benefits consists of the following steps:
Step 1: Obtain a Certificate of Release/Discharge, Report of Separation or Record of Service.
Step 2: Apply for benefits through the VA.  Note that you may apply online or by filling out a paper application.  If you need assistance completing your application, please contact a Bryan University Financial Aid Officer by calling 1-888-768-6861, or contact a VA Education Case Manager at 1-888-GIBill1.
Step 3: Obtain a Certificate of Eligibility from the VA and send it to your Financial Aid Officer at Bryan University.
Step 4: Complete the Bryan University admissions process.

After you attend your first class at Bryan University, your Financial Aid office will process and certify your enrollment dates through the Veterans Affairs office.

For additional information, including a complete listing of military educational benefit options available to you, visit, or contact a Bryan University Admissions Representative at 888-768-6861.


1 Veterans receiving a dishonorable discharge are ineligible. All tuition grant money is applied as credit and is nonrefundable.
2 Students may take one break no greater than one academic quarter.

Back to Top

Lead Form

Page Videos

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter and be updated whenever we post something new!


Amazed at my wealth of knowledge.

"My education through Bryan has allowed me to be a more confident, fit, knowledgeable individual both within my personal and professional life. This education has given me more information than most of my fellow personal training colleagues have gained over a five-year period working within the field, and people are often amazed at my wealth of knowledge."

– Whitney Fray, Graduate

I am employed as a Personal Trainer

"After completing this course, I am employed as a Personal Trainer in a commercial fitness facility. I am also surprised to find that my knowledge surpasses 75% of the trainers I have met in the field, not counting instructors."

– Angela Most, Graduate